This Federally funded project brings together young people to co-design a series of workshops that informs, guides, and supports them into economic independence AKA – a job!
Covering key job-seeking skills, Be4work commences with a private assessment of each project participant’s current situation. The content of the series of workshops is then decided through the group’s selection of what is most needed for each participants success. Young people can expect to choose from a common set of workshop topics, as well as individually identified areas of need.
- Workers’ rights and responsibilities
- Attaining a driver’s license, or other industry licenses
- Resumes, communication strategies, and interview skills
- Personal presentation and ‘dressing to impress’ advice
- Networking – traditional and social media
- Navigating transition pathways
- Social enterprise skills and self-employment.
- ATO rules and Superannuation requirements
- White card, RSA and RSG courses
- Financial literacy
- Community connections and/ or mentoring
If you are 17-25 years old, have left school and are looking for work, inquire about coming along to these FREE workshops – you never know what you might discover!
To register or for further details:
PHONE: Mark Cottee on 0437 886 172 or EMAIL: [email protected]
The workshops are happening now across Alpine, Indigo and Towong Shires and the City of Wodonga. Locations, dates and times will be confirmed upon registration
Funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services. Go to www.dss.gov.au for more information.