Are you a student wanting to learn more about Hyphen? Interested in a career in the arts, cultural services, events or libraries? Hyphen offers a limited number of Work experience & SWL placements through-out the year to support student learning.
Work experience & SWL students have the opportunity to spend time in different areas of the service, including the library space, galleries and assisting with events. The placement will give you an overview of the varied work that happens at Hyphen.
Due to the high volume of requests, we are unable to guarantee a placement for every application received. We encourage students to apply early as placement opportunities are limited. To better your chance , apply now for a placement later in the year.
Please read the following before applying
- ++JUNE/JULY/AUGUST/SEPTEMBER PLACEMENTS ARE AT CAPACITY++
- Expressions of Interest will be received on an ongoing basis.
- You must be above the age of 15 to apply.
- You will be contacted within six weeks of application on availability for a placement.
- Opportunities are available to Secondary Schools located in Alpine, Indigo & Towong Shires and the City of Wodonga.
- Please ensure you have spoken to you Careers/Placement Coordinator before applying. You will need to provide their email within the EOI.
- Interviews will be held with applicants whose EOI meet the criteria set by Hyphen.
- An interview for approximately 15 minutes will be scheduled by a Hyphen representative.
- You will be contacted with an outcome based on what Hyphen can offer you within 7 days post interview.
- You will need to organise own transport to attend the scheduled interview.
Opportunity – Hyphen Customer Service Assistant
- Duration: To be negotiated
- Starting date: To be negotiated
- Normal working hours: 9.30am to 4pm (hours needed for placement can be discussed at interview)
- Work location: 126 Hovell Street, Wodonga
– Assist in daily service operations
– Process, sort and shelve library materials
– Assist in the delivery of programs and events
– Prepare materials for programs
– Monitor gallery spaces
– Answer customer queries
- Skills obtained:
– Customer Service
– Understanding of library systems
– Events delivery
– Database entry
- Dress requirements: Neat Casual
- Notes: Hyphen welcomes students from all backgrounds and with all abilities.